See what others have to say about the health benefits of Grass-Fed Beef
In this article the author discusses (with citations) the benefits of Grassfed beef related to:
- Fatty Acid Composition
- Omega-3 and Omega-6
- Saturated Fats
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid
- Antioxidants, Vitamins and Minerals
New research from California State University in Chico breaks it down, reviewing three decades of research comparing the nutritional profiles of grass-fed and grain-fed beef. Read it here!
The Conclusion of this study includes the following:
- Grass-fed beef can be used interchangeably with fish or skinless chicken to reduce cholesterol levels. Grass-fed beef has more desirable SFA lipid profile than grain-fed beef.
- Grass-fed tends to be lower in overall fat content.
- Grass-fed beef is also higher in precursors for Vitamin A and E and cancer fighting antioxidants.
- Grass-finished beef is also higher in total CLA isomers, TVA, and n-3 FA’s on a g/g fat basis resulting in a better nutritional ratio.